Language Arts, levels and assessments
    malklein is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Language Arts, levels and assessments

My son needs review for certain topics in 4th grade language arts and then to begin 5th grade language arts.

Does time4learning have an assessment? Does the program automatically configure the areas that need to be mastered?
    Do you have to sign up for Elementary then sign up again for Middle School?

Are there any materials to help a student work on writing composition?

Help! I need to know before I commit the money!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here is a previous thread regarding placement testing. The program does not automatically configure areas that need to be mastered. This is left up to the parent's discretion. You may choose to have your student repeat certain lessons, or skip other lessons altogether.

My son needs review for certain topics in 4th grade language arts and then to begin 5th grade language arts. Based on your statement, when you enroll him, you will probably want to indicate that he's at a fifth grade level in language arts. You will then have access to the fourth grade curriculum as well. Learn how to change grade levels here. You can use the lesson plans to choose fourth grade topics your child needs to practice. When you feel he has mastered the fourth grade material, allow him to proceed to the fifth grade level.

You do not need to register for elementary school and middle school both.

Writing assignments are an important part of the language arts program. An integrated word processor allows your student to use the computer to write his compositions.

You may try the program for two weeks. If it does not meet your son's needs, you may cancel before the two week period is over and receive a refund. You'll find more information about this on the enrollment page.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!