Lesson Time per subject
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Supermom05 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lesson Time per subject

How do you set the lesson time for each subject or is that what the timer generally does. I've signed up but haven't gotten far yet. I used up my ds first 20 minute session just trying to get the page to load (I had to reset pop-up blockers and such) then the phone rang and I couldn't get the lesson to stop so I just closed it. This may take me awhile to figure out.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The purpose of the timer is to require the student to work a designated amount of time on his lessons in general before allowing Playground access. The timer is not intended to time each subject individually.

The parent determines lesson time and playground time. To set these times, log in as a parent. (There is a "Parent Login" button at the top of the main login page.) Once you have logged in, click on Change My Child's Time Settings. There you can set designated lesson and Playground times.

Parents often ask how I have my own children's timers set. There is no one "right" setting for every situation. I require a half-hour of lesson time for my own children, followed by ten minutes of Playground access. That is just a VERY general guideline, because each family and, in fact, each student will have different needs.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

georgiamom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Okay, I have set the timer on the parent login page, have seen the timer on the playground area, but there is no timer when my ds is doing his lessons. He is working at the 4th grade level, does that make a difference?

Thanks,
    Marla

Blog Entries

The timer is only used for the Lower School (students below grade four). Parents who still want to time their older children's lessons sometimes use a kitchen timer or an alarm clock.

Initially, only students below grade four had access to the Playground. Playground access was added for older students because parents requested it. The timer function was not added to older students' lessons.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Thank you Kelly!!!

Now for the complicated thing - I can get Peedy to show up, fly down and appear to read - but don't hear anything. When I do the test for the sound, it is heard, but not during the lesson. Help please!!!

Marla

Blog Entries

Georgiamom, are you using a PC or MAC? And what browser are you using?

Hey Kelly,

Managed to speak w/ someone from t4l today and got everything worked out. Really appreciate it and Peedy is really a hit w/ my ds.

Have a great one!!!

Blog Entries

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know.

crackedjar is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Peedy?

Where do you find Peedy?

Thanks!

~Audrey~

Blog Entries

This might help. He works on social studies and science, third grade and up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast