Letter grades

Thread: Letter grades

David942005 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Letter grades

How can I go about getting letter grades instead of just the percentage any help would be greatly appreciated thank you not sure how all this works lol. Can reach me a my email [email protected]

Robin is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Letter grades

You can look up grading scales to see which one you want to use.
    Here is an example: https://pages.collegeboard.org/how-t...-gpa-4.0-scale

David942005 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    You can look up grading scales to see which one you want to use.
    Here is an example: https://pages.collegeboard.org/how-t...-gpa-4.0-scale
    Thank you for the help

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, David. The reports are for parent information. All of the online computer-scored work appears there. Many parents also consider worksheets they have scored themselves, writing assignments they have graded, and so forth when calculating a letter grade for their child (which is not necessary in most states, but a good idea if you have a high school student, so you can prepare a transcript).

Even in public schools, teachers using the same curriculum may each have different grading methods. Some teachers give extra weight to tests. Some only use tests. Some do pass/fail on homework. Others grade "on a curve", comparing each student's score to those of all students in the class. There are many methods. Should you choose to calculate a letter grade, Time4Learning gives you the raw information they have (your child's percentage scores on computer-scored work), which you then combine with anything else to come up with a "grade" your preferred way.

Another variation is that some parents include the scores of all attempts at an activity in the grade and others drop all but the highest score.

I hope this helps you decide on a grading method that is a good fit for you and your student.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!