Living abroad and wants kids to continue learning english
    barbaracswolf is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Living abroad and wants kids to continue learning english

My two boys age 7 and 9 were born in the US. We have moved to Brazil, a portuguese speaking country, in November last year and the boys have started school here now in February. 2nd and 4th grade. They are learning portuguese beautifully but I would hate for them to lose their writing, reading in English. I only speak english to them which sure helps the speaking. Still the more we are here the less english they want to speak/learn. Would this program ensure they'll keep their english in order?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

This program is presented in English. Because students both HEAR and WRITE (type) in English, I would think it's superior to a textbook. The language lessons, especially, are really fun, so they might work as incentive for your boys to pracice English.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Wmoon is offline Senior Member

I would think it is essential to make sure your children speak the language they first knew. Being that this program is in English it would keep it fresh in their minds.
    *~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

sjawwadh is offline Junior Member Newbie

I have four kids aged 9,8,7,5, all born in Atlanta, GA and we moved to Saudi Arabia, an arabic speaking country. We are in the same predicament as you are as our kids are picking up the arabic language very well. We came across time for learning website while searching for homeschooling program. We are very happy with the time4learning program as the kids are picking up the English language very fast and they are enjoying the program.
    The best part of the program is that they teach you the basics with an excellent foundation.
    I would definitely recommend this to anyone.