Looking to get my 8th grader started, NJ
    Tgibbons71 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Looking to get my 8th grader started, NJ

Hi,
    I can't even say that i'm new to homeschooling, I have't tried it yet and wanting to know how to get started. I live in NJ and I'm not sure what the regulations are for NJ, do I have to withdraw my daughter from the public school system before starting the homeschooling? Any and ALL information will be extremely helpful for me. Step by step direction would be great.

Tracy
    Middlesex County, NJ

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello, Tracy.

This is a link for homeschooling information for New Jersey. Each state has different laws and regulations for homeschooling. I'm not familiar with New Jersey, but you'll find something on that page. Most states do require a Letter of Intent to Homeschool be sent to your local county school board superintendent. Here is another link for a summary of the New Jersey homeschool law from the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). They are an excellent source of information. They may even have a sample Letter of Intent or template at their site.

Lastly, here is a free Guide to Homeschooling which was written by some veteran homeschool mommies who are members of Time4Learning.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass