Lost?

Thread: Lost?

~amanda~ is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Lost?

I am thinking of joining t4l but am having a hard time finding my way around...what do i do first

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Amanda,
    Welcome to Time4Learning! Are you planning to use Time4Learning as your curriculum for homeschooling? If so, then the place you might want to start is with Time4Learnings Homeschool page. Have you looked at sample lessons? You can try some demo lessons here. Join your Michigan state group. Katrina is your great group leader over there and has a world of information about homeschooling in Michigan! And check through the help/FAQs tab at the top of the page. If you need more help don't be afraid to ask!

Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of one child for 4 years with Time4Learning!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Amanda, there is a Getting Started Guide under the Help/FAQs tab at the top of the page. The Hints and Help
    are also good.

Your student can just log in and choose a subject to work on (math, language arts, etc.). He continues clicking where the flashing arrow points until he reaches an activity. After he completes the activity, he begins the process again, either with another subject or to do a second activity in that subject.

Please feel free to ask more questions as you go along. It does take a week or two to learn the ins and outs of any new curriculum.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Amanda,

I know starting something new can be overwhelming. I just wanted to encourage you to dive in and get comfortable. I know that when we start any new curriculum there is always some kind of learning curve involved. I promise you will find Time4Learning to be very simple.

Please feel free to ask any questions as the women on these boards are so helpful. Kelly and I became good friends my first couple of weeks as she guided me through my learning curves. (smile)
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

amymfrank is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question New to Homeschooling

I will be taking my son out of public school next week and will be using t4l. I'm scared to death! He's making A's now and is very smart , but he's had some bullying problems and is depressed. I want what's best for him. I want to make sure I'm challenging him enough. I never thought I could teach. I hope I'm up for this. I'm not sure if I'll know where to start in the program. Also, if there something I don't understand is there any support for the parents? I hope I can do this???? I was also thinking of adding the t4 writing curriculum as well. Is there anything else I should be adding to his curriculum to make him well rounded.
    Thank You,
    Amy new to Home Schooling Mom.

Wmoon is offline Senior Member

Amy, yes it can be crazy when you first start, but you will get comfortable with it in time. When it comes to your children it seems mom can do just about anything to protect and help the learn. I think your question about making him well rounded is something only you can answer. For me T4L is enough with some worksheets to enforce the learning process and they only have one activity. One activity for my girls seems to be just right for our family.
    *~*Carol*~*
    The potential for happiness is all around you.
    You just have to dip a toe in.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Amy,
    I know I was scared to death when I pulled my daughter out, too. I will second what Carol said, you will get more comfortable with it. For me, it did get easier, and my only worry now about homeschooling is what I will do when we reach 9th grade (T4L only goes to 8th...ahhhhh!) How old is your son? What grade will he be working with? As for support, yes there is support and you should look into joining your state group. The ladies there can certainly help you with any questions you might have that are state specific.
    I actually felt a lot of relief after pulling my daughter out of PS. I knew we had a stressful house before I pulled her, but when I brought her home, the amount of stress we had been having really became evident. It was like a gigantic weight had been lifted. I was still nervous about homeschooling, but that concern was nothing compared to the stress we had been having. It was actually managable! That might be specific to our particular situation, but seriously, it got a lot better almost immediately.
    Best of luck!
    Linda
    Rep, Moderator, and...
    Homeschooler of one child for four years with Time4Learning~!