Many Questions

Thread: Many Questions

Jo Piper is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Many Questions

I am a married mom of 4 children. Their ages are 21 months, 5, 7, and 13 years old. My husband and I both work and we have to work in order to survive. We are considering homeschooling our kids but have our babysitter do the schooling when we work. I work 12 hour swing shifts but only 16 days a month at a prison. My husband works for Animal Control and works at least 5-7 days a week with a rotating weekly schedule. My 13 year old is having a hard time in 7th grade and is about to fail, she has been dealing with bullying and other issues. My 7 year old (step-son) is in 1st grade and having some small issues. My 5 year old (step-son) is in 4K, he was never in pre-school nor did his mom spend time with him to start early learning develpment. So you can see I really have my hands full. My husband and I do value education and believe it is one of the most important things in life, including God, morals, respect, etc. Can someone please point me in a direction on everything we need to know about homeschooling? How much does it cost, lessons, everything? We can not afford a computer so we do not have internet at this time, we don't even have a computer or landline. The only access I have is through work and my mother-in-laws who lives an hour away from us. Please help, I will take any adive and information. Thank you in advance for your help. God Bless.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Post n the SC state board for legal answers.

Without a computer you won't be using T4L. However, SC does have a K12 virtual charter school. As this is public school online, you may qualify for assistance where they loan you. Even if you were to need to provide internet, this maybe less expensive than purchasing curriculum for 3 kids.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Ijust wanted to add that you don't have to have a computer to do Time4Learning, but you do have to have access to one. Many libraries have computers that will access the internet so that might be one place to check. Some churches also have computers that they will allow to be used for internet access. I know a man who recently pulled his children from the public school system, and is planning to enroll them in Time4Learning. His only computer access will be through the library. I cannot tell you how this will work out for them, but it is an option. I just thought I would mention that.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!