More subjects in T4L??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    caroline4kids is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default More subjects in T4L??

I had heard somewhere that T4L was going to implement other classes like music, art or foreign languages. Is this in the works? I would be so happy if they did. My kids use T4L as their core math and LA in K,2nd and 3rd grade. We do unit studies and lapbooks for the other things. It would be such a blessing to use this curriculum to fill in the gaps in other area?

Anyone know anything?

Caroline

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Caroline - Time4Learning would like to add some more subjects but I can't say that this is a short-term project. Any ideas on what sort of program you would like? Have you seen examples?
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

caroline4kids is offline Junior Member Newbie

I would love some typing instruction so that the writing creator and writing lessons would be easier. I haven't found anything that works very well. Also, I would love to see a basic music course--notes, timing etc.

Caroline

PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

I have my son using Type To Learn 3. He and my 3rd grader started it in school (before we started hs'ing) and both of them are doing well with it. I tried Mavis Beacon with my eldest way back when, but he didn't learn from it (though he learned to type very fast once he began IM'ing with his friends. )

TTL3 is more like a game, btw, and could be used as a "between studying" exercise, imo.

KimberlyC is offline Junior Member Newbie

I would like to see some beginning to intermediate foreign language offerings. Those of us with a bit older children would find this helpful since learning a foreign language is becoming more and more necessary and its offered in the ps system beginning 7th grade.

BetleyFamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by KimberlyC
    I would like to see some beginning to intermediate foreign language offerings. Those of us with a bit older children would find this helpful since learning a foreign language is becoming more and more necessary and its offered in the ps system beginning 7th grade.
    I, second the Foreign Language program, I think the T4L format would be so effective for this subject. It is (as it should be) becoming such a standard, and it's so beneficial in those early years, too. I think it would be a great addition right after the completion of Phonics. I vote for Latin or Spanish, not that you asked.

Thanks,
    Christine

CindyTenn is offline Junior Member Newbie

In my son's public school system, they start teaching Spanish at a very young age. My son was in a mixed-grade special education class (he's autistic), and they were making everybody learn Spanish this year. These kids were in grades ranging from 1st to 4th. If he was able to read/write in his own language, I wouldn't mind, but I had issues with the kids being forced to learn Spanish when they couldn't read their own language yet. For kids without disabilities, it's a great idea. By the way, when I was in school, the two primary language choices we were offered were French or Spanish.

JohnEdelson is offline Super Moderator

Caroline - You probably heard that from me (directly or not). The exact truth is that we are "looking" at adding more subjects but so far, nothing to report. It's tough going since we would like any new offerings to cover the same grades (preschool, elementary, and middle school) and be as easy to use and low cost.

This turns out to be a really tough development or acquisition goal. I've seen some great course materials but sometimes way over-priced (by what we're trying to do) or only appropriate for a limited age group.

Also, adding new materials competes with improving the usability and extending the features of our current offering. And so far, that is the priority.

Stay tuned. We've only been around for 3 years so we're moving as fast as is prudent....
    John Edelson, Founder
    It's Time 4 Learning. And Fun!

Time4Learning: Automated Online PreK-12th Curriculum for Math, Language Arts & More.
    Time4Writing provides eight week writing courses for students, 2nd-12th grade. Teachers included!
    Time4MathFacts: Automated Game-Based math facts practice, a foundation for future math success.
    Time4Languages: Ten of Rosetta-Stone's legendary language learning programs provided at reduced costs to T4L members

adelenpaul is offline Member Regular

For those interested in adding a foreign language there is a database that you can subscribe to that includes Rosetta Stone. It has several languages and is only about $30/year. Some folks love Rosetta Stone and others don't. I have heard it recommended several times to use a grammar program alongside Rosetta Stone. Here is the link to the library:

http://www.lib.chattanooga.gov/librarycards.html#online

Forgive me if I have already posted this link. I tend to forget what and where I have shared.

Blessings,
    Adele

PaulaInNoVA is offline Member

Thank you, Adele, for the info/link! I have been wondering how to afford another language. This could be the answer!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast