need help

Thread: need help

FeliciaB is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default need help

Hi we r from Louisiana I need a little help finding someone in my area to start me off with this program in have high school student

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi, Felicia.

Welcome to Time4Learning. To get started, you can just sign up whenever you're ready. As a high school student, you just need to select 4 courses for your child/student. All the material is online. It's a student-paced curriculum and very easy to navigate. So once you've signed up, your student can just get started. This Getting Started guide will be helpful.

Suggested high school course load is:
    9th Grade: English I, Algebra I, Biology
    10th grade: English II, Geometry, Earth/Space Science
    11th grade: English III, Algebra II, Physical Science
    12th grade: English IV, Pre -Calculus, Chemistry
    Each course is a full year course, except for health and personal finance/economics, which are 6-month courses.

Of course before starting your homeschool, you should check your state laws. Each state is different. Usually you need to notify your school board with a Letter of Intent to Homeschool. Here is some information on homeschooling in Louisiana.

Lastly, a good source of information and direction in homeschooling high school is this website. You can find a free guide to homeschooling high school there.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass