Need help....have Mercy please! :)
    SarahP is offline Junior Member Newbie

Red face Need help....have Mercy please! :)

So pathetic am I! I previously posted a thread with questions....but when I went to see if I'd received any responses I couldn't even find my thread. Ugh.
    My main question is regarding skipping material.
    I read/understand that I can preview each child's lesson before they complete it....but I was unclear as to what I do if there is something in the lesson I don't approve of. I don't "do" magic or evolution....but if I just skip those lessons won't it affect the child's grade? Should I substitute for a lesson skipped?
    Any direction would be happily accepted! Thanks so much.

SarahP.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi NOT pathetic, Sarah! Just have your kids skip any lesson you are not comfortable with them completing. As for the grading, not all lessons are graded anyway. It won't affect anything.

Another option is to use situations like this to see if your child can convey why the lesson conflicts with their faith. Complete the activity with your child and have them explain to you why the magic or evolution is wrong or in conflict with with their beliefs. This is a good way to assess if your child is able to convey to others his own beliefs. If the child is too young to be able to this, again. just skip the lesson. No substitutions are necessary unless you just want to do that.

I hope I made sense.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

SarahP is offline Junior Member Newbie

Jackie-

Thank you so much for responding! That is a very good idea....I think I will use at least some of the material as an opportunity to do just as you suggested, thanks for the great input! I really appreciate it!

Sarah