Need help signing up 8th grader & choosing curriculum
    Nikki Tobin Smith is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Need help signing up 8th grader & choosing curriculum

Can someone please guide me with signing up and choosing a curriculum for my son. My son was having major problems with public school so I took him out. I have spent the last 7 months trying to get him in several private/public schools but we have had a bunch of family problems. Anyway, long story short......I NEED HELP GETTING A PROGRAM STARTED. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE???

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi Nikki. You've posted on the Time4Learning parent forum, and on the forum titled "Thinking of Using Time4Learning". So I don't think you'll be surprised if I recommend Time4Learning as a good curriculum to use for your homeschool, if homeschooling is what you're doing.
    We've been using T4L for several years now. We love it. I like to recommend it, especially, to families who are new to homeschooling because of the Reports section in the Parent page. It makes record keeping and tracking your student's progress so much easier. And the lessons are already laid out for us. This gives me more time to do other things with my kids because I don't have to spend ours planning lessons.

Since you're considering homeschooling, this free Guide to Homeschooling may be helpful. And if you want to sign up to use Time4Learning, this is where you sign up.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

step_emm is offline Junior Member

Hello,
    My Son is 8th grade also, he started T4L this pasted Jan. My Son has always been in pub. schools up until this pasted Jan. He knows what to do on a daily basis, my only concern is hoping he will stay on task and how he is graded and if he decides to go back to pub. schools would it be to hard to go back............

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello step emm,

I believe that if we get excited about learning, our kids will get excited about learning. Of course there are times when we go through a period of 'burn-out'. When this happens, we just change it up a bit for a few days. Take field trips, go to the library, do some fun science experiments, do some activity with our homeschool support group or with friends. It's kind of like a jump start for us.

If you decide to put your son back in school, you can use the Reports in your Parent Admin page to provide to the school if they request it. You can also use the scores in the Reports to give your son grades. Since we are the teachers of record for our kids, it's our responsibility to keep track of our kids' work, to keep records and to give them grades. I actually don't give my kids grades until they get into the high school level. And this is only because we need to for the transcripts that we provide to the college/university.
    It's a good idea to print our kids' Reports from time to time for our records, like once a week. Especially if you think you'll be putting your child back in school or they're in high school.
    By the way, there are instructional videos in your parent admin page under the Parent Tools tab. There's one for how to generate student reports.

I hope this helps.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

MJ510 is offline Member

Default Re: Need help signing up 8th grader & choosing curriculum

When I first started homeschooling many years ago, the curriculum choices were quite limited. Now there are so many options it can be overwhelming!

I loved finding this handy checklist to help with narrowing down:

The Homeschool Curriculum Comparison Checklist You Need Right Now

Hope this helps!