Need help in Texas! What is required along with the T4L?
    Brandy Fran is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Need help in Texas! What is required along with the T4L?

I am seriously thinking about home schooling my fourth grader. She is in public school right now and hates it. I just want to find out exactly what is required for me to do this as far a her requirements go. Is T4L all that she needs or is there more? Help!

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi Brandy Fran.

Time4Learning is a curriculum that you can use as a sole curriculum or you can supplement. We have many homeschoolers here from Texas. Check out the Time4Learning Texas forum by following that link.

I'm not familiar with the laws in Texas. We live in Florida. Here's a link that answers questions about homeschooling in Texas. This other link also includes a Getting Started Homeschooling Guide.

I also want to suggest that you join a local homeschool support group. I realize Texas is very big and I don't know what part of Texas you live in. I would Google your town and Homeschool Support Group. I'm sure you'll come up with a few you can contact or visit. Some support groups don' meet in December and January because of the holidays, but you may be able to reach them via email or phone for information. It's a great resource for field trips and other activities.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums again!
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

nmmiller79 is offline Junior Member Newbie

In case you haven't found out yet, there are no regulations in TX for homeschooling. Here's a good site to start research from regarding the law: HSLDA | Home School Laws

But basically, you don't have to notify the school district, you can just homeschool as you see fit (this is loosely explaining it). Homeschools in TX are considered Private Schools. Here's all the legal info: Texas Constitution and Statutes - Home

Good luck!
    Nicole