New here and have a question.
    717sherry is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New here and have a question.

Hi- new here and would like to introduce myself.
    I'm Sherry, SAHM to 3 girls. I have just pulled my middle daughter out of public school to homeschool. She is a 3rd grader. Obviously, I've never done this before and feel very lost. I heard about this program because my neighbor uses it.
    I've looked all over this site and have seen the scope and sequence. What I don't know is how do I know which level I should put my daughter. Should I just start her in the 3rd grade curriculm and see how she does and then move her if needed? Or- is there some sort of test on here for her to take which will tell me what level to start her at?
    Thanks for your help.

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Sherry,
    Welcome!

There are a couple of options here. You can, as you mentioned, just place your child in the appropriate grade for her age and then adjust as necessary. Or when you go through our signup process we have a questionnaire that will help us place each child in the appropriate grades for his/her skill level. Even then, if you find that the levels don't match your child's knowledge, we can simply adjust them for you.

Please feel free to post any other questions you might have. We have some great parents with great ideas posting here. 8) You can also give us a call at 954-771-0914 and we'll answer any questions you might have.

Also, take a look at our hints section. This can give you a good idea about the interface and how it all works.

Hope this helps.

Kris C.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

urbanmom is offline Junior Member

Hi Sherry! and welcome!
    My son was in first grade in public schools, so I just started him on the 1st grade level for T4L. It seems to be working well, and I think he is learning more. His first grade didn't even do fractions or map reading.
    Jen
    ~Jen RN~
    single mom to homebirthed, and homeschooled Hunter Sage

717sherry is offline Junior Member Newbie

1st graders doing fractions- WOW! Can't even imagine- but sounds like he didn't have any problems with it!