New Here....Interested in After School Suplementation...
    akilah is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New Here....Interested in After School Suplementation...

Hi,

Could someone direct me to helpful hints on using T4L for after-school supplementation? I work outside the home and have to send my children to public school but I would like to keep my kids on task (and ahead of the game). Anyone using this site for after-school purposes?

Thank you.

JustAMum is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Re: New Here....Interested in After School Suplementation...

I'm interested in this as well. My Gr 1 son does well with his reading at home but doesn't test well at school. I am thinking that the LA portion of T4L might help him learn what answers the teachers are looking for and give him more confidence at school.

I welcome any feedback from others who have used this program as a supplement. I'm not sure if I should just let him run through the lessons following the arrow or if I should plan out what he does. I don't want to overload him after a full day at school, but at the same time I don't think the classroom is giving him the full instruction that he needs to succeed.

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New Here....Interested in After School Suplementation...

Before we were homeschoolers, we were afterschoolers. I just had the kids do a certain number of lessons (say, one or two per subject as they go really quickly!). Then if they wanted to do more, I let them do whatever they wanted.
    Melissa.