New to homeschooling
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: New to homeschooling

kygixxer is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling

Hello, I just pulled my daughter out of public schools. She struggles so much because she has always been behind in math. I have had her on khan academy starting back to kindergarten. I told her she needs to go back and relearn the early math before i buy her a curriculum. She has been out of public schools for 2 weeks and has spent approximately 98 hours working thru early math. She is currently in 8th grade and having troubles with 4th grade work. She spends alot of time trying to get thru to the 8th grade level.

I have heard some home schooling curriculum allow you to move thru grades faster. Now, my question is, if I was to use this curriculum for my daughter and she stays dedicated like she is. Could she graduate faster?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi! Time4Learning isn't a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum, so the parent is the teacher of record. You decide what your student needs to do to move on. She can work at different grade levels for each subject and you can easily change grade levels any time you want from within your parent login. She can work as quickly or as slowly as she needs to.
    [email protected] likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

I am struggling to understand how to enter this forum. I need some help. When my child signs in to the lessons, we get an icon and message that says something like "plug in required for this activity." What does this mean? What do we need to do to access the actual lessons? I apologize for this coming under someone else's question, but I can't figure out how to start a new question.

is this a full time homeschool

Hi i just pulled my two sons out of public school because we are trying to move , not sure where yet, is this curriculum accepted by law, i guess im asking, this is all new to me, if you can help me. ? My name is desiree curts,

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

The main plug-in that is required is the Adobe Flash Player plugin, which can be found at https://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Flash is a base technology that we use for audio and visual effects. Sometimes computers need to update or reinstall their flash player. If you are unable to hear the lessons and/or are not able to see all graphics, most likely your flash player needs to be updated.

Click here for more information and/or to update your flash.

To see a video explanation of the above, please click here.
    If you have any other questions, you can email [email protected]
    And to access the Time4Learning forums: https://www.time4learning.net/

Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hi Desiree,

Time4Learning is an online curriculum that meets state standards.

Time4Learning provides a complete math and language artscurriculum, with science and social studies available at most levels as a freebonus. (There are wonderful new science lessons and a social studies curriculumavailable for sixth graders.) In addition, there is an art curriculum that youhave access to after you have been a member for thirty days. Parents round outtheir child's education with things like music lessons, organized sports,crafts, 4H, Scouts, etc.

I would recommend that you review your state’s legal requirements before choosing any curriculum. If you are new to homeschooling, Time4Learning offers this free “Welcome to Homeschooling Guide”. And this is a Getting Started Guide also explaining how to use Time4Learning as a homeschool curriculum.

You may also contact Time4Learning at [email protected]
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass