New to Homeschooling
    911momof5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to Homeschooling

I just withdrew 2 f my 5 and am trying the homeschool route. So far it has it advantages. The other 3 are so social that it would hurt them to pull them out. I am just trying to find out what the best grading system to use is and is it actually a numeric grade or should I concentrate more on the progress made? Any suggestions. My kids are 5th and 7th.
    Any helpful hints in any direction is greatly appreciated as I do work fulltime as well at night at our local police dept.
    Thank you

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning includes reports that show the percentage correct. Click here for an example.

There are many opinions among homeschoolers regarding grades. You will find families who are opposed to grades of any kind. You will find a few who prepare report cards for their students. Most familes fall somewhere inbetween.

I, personally, prefer a percentage grade. I don't care for letter grades, because the grading scale can be different from school to school. One school's B might be another school's C+.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome 911momof5,

Kelly answered your question, but I wanted to welcome you to the wonderful world of homeschooling AND Time4Learning!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

911momof5 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thank you

I am actually learning that homeschooling is not that difficult even though I work fulltime and myself am continuing my education. We learn together so to speak.
    I am just getting into the rhythym and trying to figure out all the time4learning tools...Anyone know what the odyssey write thing is about? My kids have to submit to turn in and we are wondering where it goes exactly?
    Terri

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Terri, "turning in" an Odyssey Writer project merely marks it as Complete. Click here for more information about Odyssey Writer. There are three pages, so be sure to click on the arrow at the top, on the right, to read them all.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!