New to homeschooling??? Is this enough?
    SanDiego is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New to homeschooling??? Is this enough?

I am a mother of 4 boys (12,9,4,4). They currently go to our local school. We have been frustrated over the years with the school system but I never thought I could homeschool. We have plans to travel a lot as well as live in several countries in the next few years. We currently live in Ontario, Canada. This fall we are moving to Panama for 5-6 months and then San Diego, California. I was searching online for education options. I really love the "subscription" feature of Time4Learning. It works well with our changing situations and a minimum cost or obligation to see if a good fit. My question is : Will the program/curriculum be enough? Can the boys just follow their lessons or is it meant to be a supplement to another curriculum? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The boys are in grades 7,4, Pre-school/Kindergarten
    Thanks

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiego View Post
    I am a mother of 4 boys (12,9,4,4). They currently go to our local school. We have been frustrated over the years with the school system but I never thought I could homeschool. We have plans to travel a lot as well as live in several countries in the next few years. We currently live in Ontario, Canada. This fall we are moving to Panama for 5-6 months and then San Diego, California. I was searching online for education options. I really love the "subscription" feature of Time4Learning. It works well with our changing situations and a minimum cost or obligation to see if a good fit. My question is : Will the program/curriculum be enough? Can the boys just follow their lessons or is it meant to be a supplement to another curriculum? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. The boys are in grades 7,4, Pre-school/Kindergarten
    Thanks
    Let me start by saying Welcome!

Time4Learning provides a complete core curriculum in math and language arts. Science and social studies are included as a free bonus for most grades. The curriculum is aligned to state and national standards and is used in many public schools.

Most parents add penmanship, free reading, music lessons, sports activities, etc.

Many parents enjoy adding enrichment activities as time allows: field trips, videos, additional Internet worksheets, etc.
    It is a full curriculum.

We have added Spelling to our day as my son needs extra help in this area and we do Bible also.

My son has done time4learning.com on and off for about 3 years now. We love the freedom that it gives for us to take off when we need to and not loose our place. There is not a ton of books to move from place to place too. One of my friends takes her kids to the library once a week and they do school in the public library. You are not tied down to one computer since it is internet based. I have also heard of some taking their kids to a local coffee shop and they were able to pick up wifi and do it in the coffee shop. (headphones are a must)

I hope that helps you a little.
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

SanDiego is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks Brandy,
    After I posted this question I read through other peoples questions and found them very helpful. I was a little worried at first but I feel this will work for our family. I am a little nervous about the whole "homeschool" thing but it is just another adventure that we are about to embark on!!

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

We started Time4Learning with kindergarten and we are still using it. As my son got older we started adding just a couple of things. He currently does Handwriting Without Tears, All About Spelling, and Piano. We also do lots of nature centers and historical sites. We love T4L. We hope that by the time he is ready for high school T4L will have that componant.

Take lots of deep breathes and then go for it. Remember to join the parent support group for your area. Also look for yahoo groups in the areas you're moving to. That will help you settle in when you move.

Welcome to T4L.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota