new mom in new hampshire
    momof4girls is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default new mom in new hampshire

Hi,
    I'm new to the site and giving the 14 day free trial a go. I like what I've seen so far and think it might work well for us. I have been homeschooling for 8 years now, since my 10th grader was in 2nd grade. I have 4 girls- 10th grade, 7th grade, 3rd grade and 2nd. Now that I have been trying to cover everything for 4 kids I am ready to accept the fact that I can't do this without help. I like that the site can provide the math and language arts but I can still stay on top of lesson plans and reports. Mostly I think it will work for the younger 2 kids. I will try some of it with my 7th grader but she is used to teaching textbooks for math so I don't know how this will compare.
    The younger girls seem to enjoy the math and L.A. lessons, and anyone who has homeschooled knows how valuable that is!!!
    Are there any other veteren homeschoolers out there? If so, how has this site worked out for you?

thanks!!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Default Re: new mom in new hampshire

I have been hsing for 7 years now. My 1st year was with a preschooler, 2nd grader, 5th grader, 10th grader and 11th grader. I wish I would have known about t4l back then, Now I am down to my daughter 3rd grader and son 8th grader. I found this site last year trying to get help with my son for math, he has adhd, and this has been great for him. My daughter wants to try it next year for 4th grade.
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Momof4girls, (((Waving)))

I am Mary mom to 4 boys! We are finishing up our eleventh year of homeschooling and LOVE Time4Learning! I first heard of this program when visiting my girlfriends blog and I thought that it would be a good supplement Within the first week I changed plans and we went with T4L'ing for our complete Math and Language ARts program. I use Heart Of Dakota unit study for my history and science because we like the biblical worldview. My boys had the LARGEST jump EVER in math and did GREAT in language arts. We use the PIAT and WRAT 4 so it was very measurable.

The next year we used a tutor for math and enrolled my oldest in Classical Conversations (homeschool program) because I thought these would be exceptionally challenging for him. I also found myself playing around with another textbook program because I got caught up in my girlfriends excitement who was tutoring my son. We just had our year end testing last month and even with private tutoring and using this other program (Singapore) my boys did better the year before when they just used Time4Learning.

I can make a huge list of what I love but the only one that counts is because it WORKS! I look forward to getting to know you

HTH,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome!

I've homeschooled my six for twelve years now. I know what you mean about it being a challenge to do it all yourself. I so appreciate Time4Learning because it relieves my workload while allowing so much flexibility!

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!