New in PA and have questions
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jeanette0621 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default New in PA and have questions

My name is Jeanette and I am starting to home school my son tomorrow. I am brand new to homeschooling. My son was being bullied pretty bad at school and I took him out today. I live in Souderton PA and would love to hear from anyone about homeschooling from my area if possible. Other then this program I know nothing.
    Thank you!
    Jeanette

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Default Re: New in PA and have questions

Welcome to the forum Jeanette. I'm sorry to hear about your son's ps situation, but at least you are in the position to help him out.

Time4Learning is a really great program.

I'm not in PA but I'm sure someone will speak up....did you check out the members map? There might be someone in your area on there....
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

jeanette0621 is offline Junior Member Newbie

No but I will thank you!

drgnstrm is offline Senior Member

Hi from Wyoming

http://www.hslda.org/laws/analysis/Pennsylvania.pdf just incase you still need to check them out.

http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/reg ... upport.htm here is a list of homeschool groups that may be near you
    Happy Homeschooling Dayna

Stephanie739 is offline Senior Member

Oh Dayna reminded me of groups! Here check this - its a link to PA yahoo groups (free)

http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=pe ... mit=Search

If you don't have a yahoo account, its easy and free to make one.
    ~Stephanie

mom to:
    Tori (13)
    Meghan (9)
    Andy (5)

witchly is offline Senior Member Guru

Waving hello from Missouri. Welcome to T4L! Sorry that your son was having the bully issue at school.

Many of the families here have had negative experiences with public schools - you are not alone.
    Robyn
    Secular homeschooler of 1 son (14)
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RobynsOnlineWorld.1.gif

ABK
    ABK is offline Member

Welcome Jeanette, I was new in December and had no clue what to do or how to do it. This group of parents were my saving grace. The answered questions, shared links, personal stories and offered advice. They made me feel comfortable and welcome.

Please ask questions and take your time while you adjust to this new situation. You will find your comfort zone and what works for your family, just like the rest of us. One big advantage of homeschooling is the flexibility.
    Amy
    Vivian - 15
    Elizabeth - 9
    Donna - 7

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Jeanette! Welcome to the forum!

You might be interested in Time4Learning's Welcome to Homeschooling Guide.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

SahmIam is offline Senior Member

I am so sorry to hear about your son's poor ps experience. No one deserves to be in that situation, so it's great you were able to get him out of there. That being said, I also wanted to say . . .

Welcome to T4L and homeschooling!

Those jitters will wear off soon enough. Once you get going, you'll be amazed at how much there is out there for homeschooling. It's overwhelming to be sure, but soon the nervousness will give way to excitement. If you are interested in any products or websites, spend some time here on the boards or just ask someone. Simple as that!
    Melissa.

j2m2s1 is offline Junior Member Newbie

We now live in Il but when my daughter was in 2nd grade we homeschooled in Pa. There are alot of laws regulating homeschooling and documentation in Pa. Please look at the homeschool legal defence fund web site as you are getting started so that you have the true state laws. Sometimes the school district will try to make you do things over and above the state law. They are not allowed to do this but they try. Ours tried to tell us that we had to log how many minutes we spent on each subject each day. that is over and above the state requirment and we told them we would not do it be casue of this. They were very nce about it. As they should be they do not want you to report them to the state. There were alot of hoops to go through but we had a great experience and it was worth it for my daughter and for our sanity as a family. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. I still have friends on South Central Pa who homeschool so I can get current input if you have any ?'s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast