No Demo of the parents' tools? What resources are available and when?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: No Demo of the parents' tools? What resources are available and when?

BubblesAndSqueaks is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default No Demo of the parents' tools? What resources are available and when?

I may be overlooking a keypage which would answermy questions, so feel...free to reply with a link...if thatis the case.

from reading over the website andsome reviews I understandthe reporting tools generally and...that there is some sortof printable lessonplanner available to parents. there are other tools thatI am wonderingif they are available?

in the parent's menu is there a way to view the complete lesson or activitywithout thattime counting as the student's time?

canparent be loggedin to their dashboard while student is completing lessons on a different device?

how are student writing activities graded/ evaluated by the program or is thatdone by parent andthen an assessment added back in by the parent?

is there an area where parent can...register notes regarding elective /extracurricular activities so that...the activityreportsfor year endportfolios canbe comprehensive, or if not,canthe t4l activityreportsbe exported as data files or word documents so thatother education activities can...be registered in the same document to later present to school system?

when do printables become available? in the parent's dashboard or only as child completes the lesson/ lecture prior to the printable being relevant for follow-up learning?

pleaseforgive the weird run-on words andspacing above?our tablet'skeyboard appseems to not likePuffin, so I need to finda solution to that. TIA

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, BubblesAndSqueaks!

Quote Originally Posted by BubblesAndSqueaks View Post

in the parent's menu is there a way to view the complete lesson or activitywithout thattime counting as the student's time? Yes, just do not mark the lesson as complete and it will not show up on your student's reports. Here is information about marking lessons as complete.

canparent be loggedin to their dashboard while student is completing lessons on a different device? Yes, I often check on my kids's progress from my iPhone.

how are student writing activities graded/ evaluated by the program or is thatdone by parent andthen an assessment added back in by the parent? The parent needs to grade writing activities. There is a rubric that helps with this in the lower grades. In high school, there are detailed grading guides for each writing assignment. Grades for writing activities or worksheets do not appear in the student reports.

is there an area where parent can...register notes regarding elective /extracurricular activities so that...the activityreportsfor year endportfolios canbe comprehensive, or if not,canthe t4l activityreportsbe exported as data files or word documents so thatother education activities can...be registered in the same document to later present to school system? There is a small Notes section within the Activity Planner.

when do printables become available? in the parent's dashboard or only as child completes the lesson/ lecture prior to the printable being relevant for follow-up learning? The printables are accessible from the lesson plans within your parent login OR directly beneath the associated lesson icon when the student is logged in. (So, if there is a printable associated with a lesson, the student can print it when he accesses that lesson.) Here is "sort of" what the printable resources look like to the student. The site has been redesigned, but the idea of the link below the lesson icon is the same.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!