Not Sure yet about signing up
    cdockray28 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Not Sure yet about signing up

My 2nd grader has been having a lot of difficulty this year with teachers and bullys. The things she has told me that the teachers have said to me are not appropriate. She was taught in first grade that to taddle on another student is not right. So now, when someone calls her a name, pulls her hair or pokes her, she deals with it. Most of the time she gets in trouble for talking which she is just telling the other student to stop. Now she does do things that do require dicipline. She does like to talk and socialize and will get on the occasional yellow. My problem is that there have been things my daughter has told her Aunt and Grandmother that she does not want to tell me about because she does not want me to be mad. Things Teachers have done and said to her which I find upsetting. I have had a teacher conference with both of her teachers and counselor. My daughter suffers from Juvenile Arthritis. She also has occasional stomach problems because of medication which will require frequent bathroom trips. She has been told before to sit back down and hold it. You go to often. Now I have kept the school informed of everything. Notes and emails. Yet they will sit her in the back of the classroom because she needs to stand up for a second to stretch because she is stiff. She gets on yellow for leaving her pencil. She was sent to the pre k table for telling her "friend" his thermos looked like a baby bottle. She was crying about it and told to act like a big girl. I am fed up with public school and want to pull her out. She becomes bored in school and will not do the work. She is making good grades, just bored with school. She says she has to sit and wait...or she will be trying to do her work and some other student is bothering her. She has another child that tells her she is stupid all the time. I am so frustrated and just want to give my child a better option at learning. I am a single mom, work full time. I have no one that can home school. I am needing to find options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdockray28 View Post
    I am so frustrated and just want to give my child a better option at learning. I am a single mom, work full time. I have no one that can home school. I am needing to find options. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    If you have a flexible schedule and someone to sit with your child while you work, you may be able to homeschool.

When I was a single mom, homeschooling was not an option. I worked 40+ hr/wk in a office environment M-F. I moved somewhere much less expensive than it looked like I could afford in order to send my older two boys to private school. Their tuition bill each month was more than my rent and utilities combined, but I knew that there was no way that I would send them back to ps for another year. A lot of private schools have financial aid. You may want to look into that. Now would be the time to sign up for next year.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo