One More

Thread: One More

dbmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default One More

And I completely understand if it's not answered until after Christmas.

I was just trying to figure out how many lessons to do each day to get my 4th grader through the curriculum by September. How much should I push to finish everything? Is there a lot of review at the beginning of each year? To finish we will probably only give him August off for this year so he would not have that much time between the end of one year and the beginning of the next.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again.

Merry Christmas.

Sara

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Oh, I'm sure I'll be here ON Christmas! Just can't keep away.

There's a little review at the beginning of each year. I like the way it's done. Usually, previously introduced concepts are reviewed at a little higher level. It's quite common for a student to finish one grade level and move immediately into the next grade level, with no "break" inbetween. That doesn't seem to present a problem. Nor does stopping halfway through the fourth grade, only to start up where you left off months later.

Is he working at the fourth grade level in all four subjects?

Do you mean you would like him to complete all of the fourth grade lessons between January and August of 2008 (in seven month?)

Just want to make sure I understand what you're asking before I start throwing around numbers.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

dbmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Right now my son is considered "4th grade," though that's really just a number I have handy for folks who insist on traditional educational approaches. I've never really done school this way because, like all children, he has some areas he's strong in and some in which he is not so "gifted." (He'll have a PhD in Egyptology long before he masters Phonics. ;-)) However, my dh wants us to join a charter school and they do everything by grade and it sounds like they will want him to be in 5th grade in the fall. I'm just trying to make sure I can get on track with the school without pushing him so hard that he hates this program.

Thanks again.

Sara