Order of Courses
    Sharity is offline Junior Member

Default Order of Courses

Hi! New here and looking at using High School Social Studies and Language Arts for my 10th grader. Do you recommend using the Social Studies courses in the order they are listed, or does it matter? Obviously, US History 1 comes before US History 2, etc. I noticed the US History courses are broken up by World History and Government. Is that on purpose?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Sharity. The order in which you use the high school social studies or English courses does not matter, except for the obvious examples you mentioned. That said, the English courses are labeled English I, Engish II, English III, and English IIII, so there might be a very slight advantage in using them in order, unless one of the courses is based on a literature selection that your student is dying to study.

Each course is designed to last a traditional school year (although Time4Learning members can use them as they wish and award high school credit their own way for their own home high school). Each course provides the amount of work that a typical public school would deem "a credit's worth". The amount of material presented in US History is "a credit's worth". The amount of material presented in Government is "a credit's worth". So the courses are offered separately to focus on that particular aspect of American history. Government is a detailed study of JUST the governing of America.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Sharity is offline Junior Member

Thank you! I appreciate the info!