PA Portfolios

Thread: PA Portfolios

rdm
    rdm is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default PA Portfolios

Hi - I'm considering signing my kids up, but I live in PA, and I don't know how I'd put together a portfolio using time4learning. Does anybody know how that would work? I've never done a portfolio before because my kids were in a cyber charter school. Thanks for any help!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

hi rdm,

PA is one of the more "Stringent" states to HS in. Though many MANY do it! I would need to know what their particular requirements are before I could offer suggestions to bringing T4L'ing into your portfolio. (warm understanding smile?)

I would contact someone in your area or HSLDA www.HSLDA.org to find out the exact requirement by law.a

If you post that info here I bet many would be able to help you to make T4L'ing a part of your portfolio so that it lines up with PA requirements

Blessings!
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/

rdm
    rdm is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thanks, Mary. Here's an excerpt from the PA HS law:

"The portfolio shall consist of a log, made contemporaneously with the instruction, which designates by title the reading materials used, samples of any writings, worksheets, workbooks or creative materials used or developed by the student and in grades three, five and eight results of nationally normed standardized achievement tests in reading/language arts and mathematics or the results of Statewide tests administered in these grade levels."

This makes up the portfolio, which has to be reviewed by a certified teacher at the end of the year. Any ideas on how to use T4L and produce a portfolio would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robin

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Here is a previous thread regarding portfolios.

Time4Learning provides easily printable progress reports by clicking on "My Portfolio" in the student's launchpad. Here is more information about that. Be sure and view all three pages, so you can see what the reports look like.

Welcome to the forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!