Parents View
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Parents View

anixon34 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Question Parents View

Can any of you tell me what you see when you log in from the parent side?

I have a high-schooler and middle-schooler who have been homeschooling since the oldest was in 1st grade.

I would like to know:
    Can you see what they are doing up to the minute? See what they have completed? Signed into?
    Can you see the grade instantly or if they didn't finish or skipped anything? Or how many times they took a test or quiz?

Please tell me what you can get/see from the parent side of T4L.

Are the children able to print out their own material from their side of the screen?

Also.. what are the electives and how much are add on's after the 4 core subjects.

Thank you
    Aaron

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anixon34 View Post
    Can you see what they are doing up to the minute? Sort of. Under "Recent Work", you can see everything they have done, whether completed or not. The exception is something they are currently logged in and actively working on. That will not appear in Recent Work until they close the activity.
    See what they have completed? Yes, under "Reports" or "Recent Work". Signed into? Yes, under "Recent Work".
    Can you see the grade instantly or if they didn't finish or skipped anything? Or how many times they took a test or quiz? Yes to all.

Please tell me what you can get/see from the parent side of T4L.

Are the children able to print out their own material from their side of the screen? Yes. Some lessons have printable worksheets, and the student can print these by clicking on the Resource link below the lesson icon. The parent can also print these from within their parent login.

Also.. what are the electives and how much are add on's after the 4 core subjects. Adding a fifth subject to your high school plan costs an additional five dollars per month. Electives are health, personal finance, and civics. Or, you can use any of the "regular" subjects as an elective.

Thank you
    Aaron
    I hope this answers your questions. Since you are homeschooling a high school student, I suggest you check out Let's Homeschool High School.com. It is a great place for all sorts of high school resources.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!