Passing on to the next Grade ? Accredited ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Passing on to the next Grade ? Accredited ?

step_emm is offline Junior Member

Default Passing on to the next Grade ? Accredited ?

Hello,
    How can you tell if your Child is ready to pass to the next Grade ? I have noticed some are in High School and doing T4L / how do they Graduate / Diploma etc., ? Has anyone out there had great success w/ T4L ? would you recommend this site T4L ? I know this is not accredited site do Parents like that OR does it really matter ? thank you for your time & help !

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. Time4Learning is not a school. Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum. A school can be accredited. A curriculum can't.

Many people mistakenly refer to online schools as "homeschooling", because the work is done at home. Actually, if you are homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record and is responsible for following the homeschool laws in your own state. Each state is different.

If your student is enrolled in an online school, someone besides the parent is the teacher of record and is responsible for following the school laws in the school's state (not the homeschool laws).

All fifty states allow a homeschooling parent to issue a homeschool diploma to their own child. As the teacher of record, you decide what your child must do to graduate from your homeschool or "pass" to the next grade level. Some parents just want all the material in the course completed, regardless of grade. Others don't care if the lessons are done or not, as long as the student scores well on tests. There are many different styles of teaching, and you get to pick the one that works best for you and your student.

The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com . . . http://www.letshomeschoolhighschool.com

Four of my six children have used Time4Learning and were ready for college by age 16. The other two are still using it. So, yes, I would recommend it. Think of the material provided by Time4Learning as a fun alternative to textbooks, though, and keep in mind that you are the teacher . . . even though there are videotaped teachers or animated characters presenting the lessons. The program does the huge majority of the work for you (and it grades all of the daily work, tests, and quizzes), which is one thing I like about the program. The most successful students, though, will have parents who take time to decide on a schedule or plan, determine which worksheets to use, grade worksheets and writing assignments, view the student's reports regularly, and help with anything the student finds confusing.

A school or other entity can be accredited by a variety of organizations, and all of them will have different standards to determine whether they will award accreditation or not. All accreditation means is that the school has met the minimal standards set by some organization, somewhere.
    Saudi likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Ready for College at age 16 wow ! have your Children always been using T4L ? OR have they been in other Schools previously ? My Son age 14-1/2 has been in Public Schools just up until this pasted December. He was not able to focus anymore in the classroom, not really making good grades, etc., ! This is new to both of us I am in Texas and you do not have to have your child in an accredited School nor registered that you are home-schooling. I have a home based business and do check to make sure my Son does his Daily assignments on T4L !

Blog Entries

Hi. My kids have always been homeschooled. We have used primarily Time4Learning for the past ten years. We do a lot of other things, too. I'm glad Time4Learning is working out well for you and your son!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Hello, I guess if my Son is understanding each subject and passes the quiz at the end of lesson that is good ?

How many hours a day are your Children doing time4learning ? Thanks again for your time

ems_mom36 is offline Junior Member

So if your child was ready for college at age 16, do they have to get their GED or what kind of diploma would they get? do they have to take a test to "Graduate" My daughter just started T4L she is in 11th grade. She was having a lot of issues at school and so I decided to home school her. Like if she finishes all the courses and things would she be able to "graduate" early and start college? Just wondering if you knew

Hello,
    Kelly who responded to me said her Children have always been home-schooled. My Son age 14-1/2 just started T4L / he has always been in a pub. school. Here lately he was not getting along w/ the Teachers, grades went down, could not focus, not sure if this program will work or not. How will he get his Diploma ? OR credit is what I cannot figure out ! ?

Default How Many Hours Per Day ?

Hello
    How many hours per day is your child on T4L ? OR until all assignments are completed ?
    Thank you for your time !

Blog Entries

Hi. Most students who learn the material on Time4Learning do well on standardized tests. "Passing" quizzes and tests is one way to know they are understanding the material.

You might be interested in this article. How Long is a Homeschool Day? My kids have never spent more than the morning on their online lessons.

The best place to learn about homeschooling high school is Let's Homeschool High School.com . All fifty states allow a homeschooling parent to issue a homeschool diploma to their own child. There are printable templates at the site I just linked you to. As the teacher of record (and principal of your high school), you decide what your student must do to graduate and how many hours equal a credit.

Many homeschool students prefer to get a GED. I prepared a nice diploma and transcript for my own kids and they haven't had any problem getting in to college with that. The student's entrance exam test scores should make the transcript credible.
    Saudi likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast