Placement and learning gaps
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Placement and learning gaps

Brent is offline Junior Member

Default Placement and learning gaps

My daughter has been homeschooled for a few years now. Because we have changed curriculums in the past, I am concerned that there may be some learning gaps. Since you do not offer placement testing, is it possible to enroll her at a lower grade level to make sure that these gaps are filled... with the result that she may be able to achieve the proper grade level at some point during the next year or two?

Thanks

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Brent. Students can work at a different grade level for each subject. You can easily change a subject's grade level at any time by logging in to your parent account. You can even navigate one grade level up or one grade level down by clicking on the little grade level numbers at the top, right of your student's dashboard.

Some parents look at the scope and sequence and place their child where they "think" they belong in each subject. Then, they have the student do each chapter test BEFORE doing the lessons in the chapter. If they score well on the test, they do not have to do the lessons in that chapter. They just try the test at the end of the next chapter. If they do not score well on the test, they do the lessons and then attempt the test again. In this way, they are only studying things they haven't already learned. Most student can proceed quickly that way.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Brent is offline Junior Member

Thanks Kelly. While is still wish that placement testing was available, I like what I see so far.