Possibly having to homeschool last 2 months for economic reasons
    jewleyp is offline Junior Member Newbie

Smile Possibly having to homeschool last 2 months for economic reasons

Hello! Due to severe changes in our economic situation, we are looking at havning to pull our 4th grader out of private school the last couple of months, due to moving to a better situation. Public school is not an option as our "neighborhood school" is graded as a D.

My questions are:
    Can I pull her out so late to homeschool?
    How do I have final grades for this last 6 weeks incase she goes back to public school next year?
    If I have to move it will be to the neighboring state - will that cause problems for her (again if she wants to go to public school next year)?

We are currently living in Louisiana and will probably move back to Texas where we are from.

Thanks for the help!

MrsPeggy is offline Junior Member Newbie

We are in a similar situation, funny to find this post. Hope someone comes along to help:}

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jewleyp View Post
    Hello! Due to severe changes in our economic situation, we are looking at havning to pull our 4th grader out of private school the last couple of months, due to moving to a better situation. Public school is not an option as our "neighborhood school" is graded as a D.

My questions are:
    Can I pull her out so late to homeschool?
    How do I have final grades for this last 6 weeks incase she goes back to public school next year?
    If I have to move it will be to the neighboring state - will that cause problems for her (again if she wants to go to public school next year)?

We are currently living in Louisiana and will probably move back to Texas where we are from.

Thanks for the help!
    Sorry for not seeing this sooner.

I suggest you visit your state specific forum here on the forum for more specific answers.

Usually, you can pull out to homeschool any time as long as you have or are going to submit your letter of intent to the proper authorities. You don't need to do anything about grades. When and if she enrolls in public school again, they will usually test for placement. Going back to public after homeschool is not usually a big problem. Texas is an excellent state to homeschool!

Hope this helps a little.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie