Potential New User
    BielHomeschoolMom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Potential New User

I am very excited to start my kids using T4L. We have been homeschooling for five years. My daughter is 9 and in 4th grade for most of her subjects, 5th grade for Spelling & Phonics. My son is 7 and in 1st grade. I think that he is still at a kindergarten level in most subjects as he can't read yet. Math is his strong subject and he does really well with it. I have been looking for something else mostly for him because he is just not interested in learning to read. I knows his letters and sounds but is not interested in putting them together to make words or sounding out words. He loves to play games on the computer and is very interested in Playstation. That's why I starting searching for a web based program.
    I did have a few questions.
    We use all Mac computers, are there any problems with the mac browsers that I should be aware of before we start?
    Since ds can't read, I would like to use Peety to read to him sometimes, will Peety work on Macs?
    Can both my kids be on the site at the same time, logged in with their own user name of course?

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

The kindergarten and first grade lessons (and most of the second grade lessons) include audio, so you don't need Peety for them. I'm not sure if he works on Macs. I'll find out.

Yes, both of your children can be logged in at the same time. I often have four or five of mine on at the same time.

There have been some issues with the Playground for Mac users. I'll do some checking about T4L and Macs and get back to you.

Meanwhile, are there any Mac users who can answer these questions based on experience?

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

hearthstone_academy is online now Administrator
    Blog Entries

Update: I've learned the lessons themselves function properly for Mac users.

The Playground feature does not work with Firefox or Safari browsers. If you have access to Internet Explorer, the Playground will function for you. We are working on fixing this; no word yet on how long it might take.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!