Progression
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mandy in TN

Thread: Progression

momof2inak is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Progression

How do you know when to progress to the next grade?

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

I am not sure that I understand the question. I heard that you want to know when to move your child to the next grade. If you are using T4L, you can move to the next grade level of materials whenever you want. Obviously, your child can complete all the lessons and then just keep going with the next level of materials or you can decide that the material is too easy or too difficult and change grade levels anytime you want. If you are asking about the requirements in a specific state to say that a child is in a particular grade, then you may want to ask in your state forum. For me personally, when asked, I give the age appropriate grade level based on the cut-off for my state. Most people really don't want to know the grade level stamped on the curriculum we are using for science.
    HTH-
    Mandy
    lovehmschlg likes this.
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

momof2inak, I'm not sure I understand your question either. Time4Learning is set up in a way that the student knows how to move from one lesson to the next. The program prompts the student to move from one lesson to the next, marking each lesson off as its completed. They can work at their own pace. The program provides the student with a full year of curriculum. Once that is completed, the student can move on to the next grade.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass