Question about cost.
    Werrydad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about cost.

I am new to this homeschooling thing. I am also still researching the best Way to transition 3 of my 5 children into this. My oldest two are currently in HS and wish to continue with public school as one only has one year left and the other only has 3 years left. My question is this:

The public school year goes for approximately 9 months. How do the monthly costs of this program work? Do you only pay for the months you are actively Schooling your Child/Children? Do you pay on the "off" months? If you don't pay on the off months are your records saved?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! My wife and I are still in the info gathering stage of deciding on which route to go for homeschooling our children..

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Question about cost.

Hi! Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum!

It is very common for homeschool families to school on schedules that are different from a traditional nine month school year. People often do school in the even after parents arrive home, on weekends, throughout the summer, one-month-on-and-one-month-off, or just fit it in wherever they can

With Time4Learning, you pay for each month in advance. If you want to take a month off, you can log in to your parent dashboard to make one or more of your students' accounts dormant. While dormant, you can still access your parent dashboard for planning or record keeping purposes, but your student can't access their lessons. You pay just 5.99 per month for each dormant student instead of the regular rate. The 5.99 pays to have your student's records of scores and progress stored on our servers.

When that student is ready to resume lessons, you log back into your parent dashboard to lift the dormancy.

If you were to cancel instead of going dormant, the student records would be deleted within 30 days.

Let us know if you need any more info!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!