Question about Curriculum of T4L
    ThinkingaboutIT Guest

Question Question about Curriculum of T4L

We use to homeschool years ago. (It was on Kindergarten, but nevertheless, it was a definite learning experience). Recently our children who are 3rd and 5th, have expressed great desire to hs again. Our oldest is exceptionally smart and we are wondering if t4l could be used as a full curriculum? Are there any drawbacks? Its basically starting all over?

Thank you.

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Hello. That's wonderful that your children are actually asking to be homeschooled. Each child hasindividual needs and learning styles. Whether mainstream, gifted, or specialneeds, Time4Learning provides a flexible, student-paced approach. Many children like using the computer to learn. Time4Learningis a premier online learning resource which combines a fun interactive approachwhile systematically covering the curriculum. Some homeschooling families use T4L as their sole curriculum, while others choose to supplement.

I can give you a link for the Lessons Scope and Sequence for your children's grade levels so you can have an idea of what the lessons encompass. This should help you decide if you want to supplement. Some families supplement only science and social studies/history. One of the great things about T4L is that your student has access to a grade level above and a grade level below. And you can also adjust your child's grade level at any time.

We've been using T4L for several years now and it works great for us! My daughter really enjoys the lessons and is progressing well. I really cannot think of any draw backs. T4L is very flexible and you can use it as you choose. We love that we can work at our own pace. We have used it both as our sole curriculum and have also supplemented. I especially like that the lessons are already prepared and the student can easily navigate the site, moving from lesson to lesson. I also like the progress reports, which make record-keeping easier for me. I'm able to spend more time with my daughter since I don't have to do all the administrative homeschooling work that I needed to do prior to T4L.

Feel free to ask any other questions and even look around at the different forums. T4L is a month to month membership, so you can easily try it out to see how it works for your family, whether you wanted to start homeschooling now, or to try it out for the summer.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass