Question about T4L
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By agkiture

Thread: Question about T4L

deniselcash is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Question about T4L

I have tried another homeschool for about a month but it wasnt helping my child learn. I need to know if this is accredited and if she wants to go back to public school in high school if she can

lovehmschlg is offline Forum Moderator

Time4Learning is an online home-based curriculum used for homeschooling or as a supplement to traditional education. The majority of T4L users are homeschoolers. While T4L does correlate to state standards, it is not a school, and therefore, is not accredited. (Curriculum cannot be accredited) There is a difference between homeschooling (where the parent is the teacher of record) and an online school (where a third party oversees your student's education). Time4Learning is a curriculum tool to be used by the student, while the homeschool parent remains the official teacher of record.

Time4Learning is used by parents for portfolio reviews and by accredited schools. For information on accreditation and homeschooling high school: Frequently Asked Questions About Accredited Diplomas and Homeschooling

As to your daughter being able to go back into the public school system, you would need to ask the school what they would need to admit her since each school and county is different. Usually schools will just place the student in the grade according to her age. I've known homeschooling families who have placed their kids back in school, and that's what the schools have done. They have not had a problem at all. In fact, the students usually say the work for their grade level is easy. My son is in homeschool high school and dual enrolled in college, and he says the college courses are so easy.
    Janet
    enjoying homeschooling and learning with my kids, using T4L and T4W
    blogging our homeschool experiences at The Learning Hourglass

agkiture is offline Junior Member Newbie

When my daughter returned to public school her Junior year, she was tested back in. We live in Texas.She passed without any problems. Some school districts accept standardized scores.
    lovehmschlg likes this.