Questions!

Thread: Questions!

jenandbob7 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions!

Hi! Does T4L have music and art available for 3rd graders - Seniors? Is the program set for 180 days, so my child can have days off as if she is going to a public school? I was wanting to follow the public school's schedule...days off. Or how many days a week does my child need to do the program in order to meet the Missouri 600 hours requirement for the core curriculum? Can she do Monday - Thursday? What is the typical average hours for each day? How will I know if my child answers the assignments and quizzes correctly, is there an answer key for the parent or does the answers pop-up after she completed it?

Is there any way my child can try the 14 day trial on her Christmas (December) break so I know she will like it when we start homeschooling for the next school year? If she likes it, can I re-sign up in July?

Thank you in advance!

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, jenandbob. Time4Learning does not offer music instruction. There is an art program that is available for 4th through 8th graders who have been members for 30 days or more. Here is some information about the art program.

Your student may access Time4Learning as often or as seldom as you like. As a homeschool mom myself, I usually follow our public school's schedule, so my kids have the same days off as their friends. Of course, homeschool is finished far more quickly than school work in a traditional setting, because the a student doesn't have to wait until the end of a designated "math" period to move on to language arts.

The few states that require a certain number of hours of instruction expect you to include educational activities like music lessons, organized sports, Scouting, 4H, church activities, cooking or sewing, arts and crafts, field trips, educational DVDs and so forth in your log of hours.

The amount of time per day your student will spend just doing online lessons varies according to grade level and how your child works. For example, some students will finish a writing assignment in ten minutes, while others may enjoy working on it for the rest of the day. The actual running time of most K-8 lessons is fifteen minutes or less, but that doesn't include time for your child to respond to the online questions or any worksheets assigned. Middle school science and all of the high school courses run slightly longer, at around half an hour per lesson. More than one lesson may need to be done each day to finish a level in a school year. There is a tool to help you decide how much your student needs to do in each subject to meet your own time goals.

Tests and quizzes are offered in various formats. Most of them are viewable or printable within your child's reports after they have been completed. Some of the text-based quizzes within lessons do pop up the answer, and some of the tests/quizzes are animated and online, so they offer a printable answer key withing your parent login. That does not mean the parent has to grade them. The program grades them, and the answer key is available for your reference.

Time4Learning always offers a risk-free two-week trial, which means you sign up and pay for a month via credit or debit card. If you cancel within the first two weeks, your money is refunded. You can do that in December and then sign up again in July.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!