questions!!!!

Thread: questions!!!!

evansdad is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default questions!!!!

i have thought about home schooling my son for some time. his performance in school has been droping the last few months and his last report card he had all F's but two. TRhe school system here dose not want to do much to help him. then on friday night he was jumped by gang members and is a race/hate crime and his jaw is now broke in 3 places. since the school wants to do nothing about this i am wanting to home school him my self.

So my questions are any one have to deal with IL when it comes to home schooling or any advise as to how to go about it. I am not sending my child back to this school, because of the problems i have had with this school
    you can email me directly at
    [email protected]

thank you every one

Momma Crystal is offline Senior Member

What does IL mean? Are you saying Illinois? If so, you can go to the state info web pages or just google homeschooling and the state name and you'll get tons of information.

timmysmom is offline Member

Hello Evan's Dad!

Illinois is a great state to homeschool in. I live between Champaign and Effingham. There really are no laws, just guidelines as to what we should cover. Illinois homeschool pagehas great links to resources and other info to help you get started.

Regarding your son, please go above the school and go to the administrator and the school board and pursue all civil and legal action you can to get justice for your son. It will be exhausting but well worth it. The message it sends your son will carry him for a long time to come. Get counseling for him, too. Such a tragedy this happened to him.
    Sandra
    Mom to Mo, Chet and the Tim-inator!!!

Preschool worksheets
    Worksheets created by my cousin for preschoolers!!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evansdad View Post
    friday night he was jumped by gang members and is a race/hate crime and his jaw is now broke in 3 places. [/email]

thank you every one
    OH Evansdad,

I am in utter shock. I cannot even imagine how you must be feeling. I'm so very sorry and pray that he is doing better physically and emotionally. One of the first stops I would make if I were you, is to the HSLDA (Homeschool Legal Defense Association) to find out which support groups are in your state, in your area. They often have free orientations that you can attend as well literature you can print right off their website.

A great resource for you would be Time4Learning's free "Guide To Homeschooling" It's filled with everything you need to get started.

Next I would go ahead and sign up and begin working with your son to find his perfect placement. In our home we started our children off a little bit below where they are actually working so they could learn how to use a new program without lots of stress.

I hope this helps. Will you please update and let us know how your son is doing and once you begin your homeschool journey check in and tell us how it's going.

Blessings,
    Mary
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/