Questions
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheRedfordFamily

Thread: Questions

TheRedfordFamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions

Is there a way to see what courses are offered. There is 4 classes included. Do we get to choose which ones? What are the other courses and how much do they cost?

When I move up to the High School are these accrediated courses that can count towards college?

When I have one in high school and 2 in the k-8th will I get the 14.95 for both k-8th or do I have to pay one 19.95 and one 14.95? Is there a free trial? Are we able to pause at anytime?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions

Hi, Redford Family! Welcome to the Time4Learning parent forum!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedfordFamily View Post
    Is there a way to see what courses are offered.
    Here is a page that shows what high school level courses are available.

There is 4 classes included. Do we get to choose which ones?
    Yes, you can have ANY four high school level courses active at a time, and you can switch those out as often as you wish. Most people choose one math course, one English, one science, and one social studies, but you do not have to do it that way. Also, you are not limited to just four courses in one year. If your student finishes one course or decides not to finish it, just doesn't like that course or decides to pick and choose the lessons he feels he needs . . . then you can trade it for another course. You can do this as often as you wish, as long as there are only four active courses at one time.

What are the other courses and how much do they cost?
    All of the core course are included at the high school level (math, English, science, and social studies), plus a few electives (health, civics, personal finance). If you log in to your parent account and click on Extra Education, you can find discounts on other programs (such as foreign language).

When I move up to the High School are these accrediated courses that can count towards college?
    Time4Learning is not an online school. It is an online homeschool curriculum. Schools can be accredited, but a curriculum can't. Hospitals and other institutions can also be accredited, so that word doesn't mean what many people assume it means. Colleges do not require that a student's high school is accredited. Students who have attended private school and those who were homeschooled are routinely admitted to college (and no homeschool is accredited ). Colleges are more interested in a student's entrance exam scores than in how they learned what they know. Many colleges actively recruit homeschooled students. When homeschooling, the parent creates, maintains, signs, and stands behind any documents the student needs, including the transcript and diploma. The parent decides what the student must do to graduate from the family's home school. Time4Learning provides templates within your parent dashboard to help you create your child's diploma.

When I have one in high school and 2 in the k-8th will I get the 14.95 for both k-8th or do I have to pay one 19.95 and one 14.95?
    If you have one at the high school level, that student will pay thirty dollars per month. That will make both of the lower level students eligible for the reduced rate of 14.95 per month each.

Is there a free trial?
    If you cancel within the first two weeks of signing up, you will receive a full refund.

Are we able to pause at anytime?
    Yes, you can cancel any time, but you can also log in to your parent dashboard and make your child's account dormant whenever you decide to take a month off. You can make all children's accounts dormant, or just one or two. Dormant accounts are charged $5.99 per month instead of the regular rate. The $5.99 pays to have their records of progress and scores stored on our servers. If you cancel, that data is deleted; if you go dormant, it is retained. When dormant, you will still be able to access your parent dashboard for planning and record keeping purposes, but the dormant student can't access the lessons.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, be sure to ask. And be sure to stick around the forum to share how things are going for you.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

TheRedfordFamily is offline Junior Member Newbie

Thank you so much for all of the very detailed responses! The way you respond to things definitely makes a difference and I am quite impressed <3

jese.beard is offline Junior Member

Thanks for posting all the information for this question!

kamilou is offline Junior Member

Interesting, the answers to the questions in this post are very informative.