Questions

Thread: Questions

shamaniginz is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions

I am signing up for this, and I have a few questions.

But heres a little background of why I plan on homeschooling my son.

My son is 8 years old, has been extremely sick and has had alot of health issues this year, and I cant see him getting held back for it. So I was trying to find options. This is what I came to. My son is very smart, and in the 2nd grade. School is always easy to him. My ex husband and I have decided to try this out and see how it goes. But some of my questions and concerns are:

To set up, would I just have him go through and take the tests for second grade, to see what else he needs to learn? And just go back and do the modules for the ones he doesnt do so good in?

Another huge question I have is, say he passes all the 2nd grade stuff, and moves on to third grade, in most subjects. Say in August we decide he needs to go back into public school, this home school thing, is a huge trial on us, and we want to see how it works. How would that work? Does he get something stating he passed the 2nd grade? Im very unsure of this. And I want to make sure I know what I need to, and do it right. I know for Florida you have to submit a letter for the homeschool, which I am going to do. Is there any other important information I need to be sure of? I know that I have to also get him tested, every year, and keep the portfolio. Any advise and help is appriciated very much.

Checking with the laws in your state was a good start. You have some choices. If you are really wanting to have some proof and records that your child did or didn't pass a certain grade or subject, you might want to check out an 'accredited' online homeschool, or something like Abeka that has options to be accredited. This means that you would turn your son's work in to the online 'school' and in turn at the end of the year, your son has accredited records. It can be rather costly though. But, depending on your state's laws, you might be able to do your own curriculum, such as Time4Learning, and keep your own records (a much cheaper alternative). The better records you keep, the better chances are that the public school would count these and place your son where he needs to be. If, like you said, Florida requires a yearly test and portfolio then be sure you follow that. It would probably be all you need to get him placed back into public school, but just in case, I would also keep a grade record of some kind, writing down each and every thing that he completes (books he reads, worksheets, even art and drawings Hopefully you have the best of luck homeschooling, and you decide to continue on with it! Generally the best teacher for a child is the parent, or someone that can give that one-on-one teaching to him/her.

jack705 is offline Junior Member

Best homeschooling will play vital role for better career of the child. First a child interact with the parents and acted upon the advises of parents. SO we may say the best teacher for child is their parents. As seems, your son is no doubt a smart. For better education, you must conentrate herself his education. A time table of study and other co curricular activities may be specified and fully participate with him in every activity. soon you will yourself observe his grooming.
    CNA Training Check It Out At CNA Board