Questions

Thread: Questions

dbmom is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Questions

My husband and I are looking into T4L for our nearly 6yo son who loves working on the computer. His nearly 4yo brother wants to do it as well so we may sign him up for the PreK level.

One question I have is can the kids repeat the lessons? If our boys find a game they like, they want to play it over and over, is that sort of thing possible? If not, how do you deal with small children who have this natural tendency?

Another question involves our older son who is nearly 11. We do not use a traditional school year for him as he is very involved in certain extra-curricular activities for which we give him most of Dec & Jul, and all of Aug off. We were thinking of going ahead and trying him on T4L just to see how he likes it (he is normally a very physically active child so we aren't sure whether he will care to sit in front of a computer to complete his lessons). Will his schedule be a problem?

Thanks.

Sara

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Sara, lesson activities may be repeated as many times as necessary or desired. So can the games at the Playground, although the parent may limit Playground access as desired by using the timer.

The student proceeds at his own pace. Time4Learning imposes no schedule. During the months you have "off" from school, you may request to "go dormant" and your student's account will be charged only four dollars per month for the months you are not using it. All of his records will be kept intact. You may request dormancy for only one student or for all of your students.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

MamaMary is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Sara, (((Waving)))

I have found my active sons do GREAT with T4L'ing. Because even though they are not physically moving it is stimulating their brain and as they type and select certain prompts it is very interactive

Hope this Helps! Another GREAT thing w/ T4L'ing is that if at any point it is NOT working for our children we just cancel our membership. (as opposed to having to buy a whole years worth of text curriculum and if IT doesn't work you have to sell it)

God Bless!
    Mary, Child of the King of Kings, Jesus Christ! Wife to best friend and Mama to her four boys 91, 96, 00, 02, Homeschooling since 1998! Come visit us on our blog! http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/MamaMary/