questions about homeschooling
    akers is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default questions about homeschooling

I am a military wife and I think that homeschooling my daughter will be the best option for us but I am so confused about how to even start. I found the time4learning website and it looks great but I was wondering if I am going to have to find other curriculum "subjects" for my daughter. She would start kindergarten next year and I was just wondering if time4learning covers everything a kindergarten student needs to know or just a few subjects?

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akers View Post
    I am a military wife and I think that homeschooling my daughter will be the best option for us but I am so confused about how to even start. I found the time4learning website and it looks great but I was wondering if I am going to have to find other curriculum "subjects" for my daughter. She would start kindergarten next year and I was just wondering if time4learning covers everything a kindergarten student needs to know or just a few subjects?
    Time4Learning.com is a complete curriculum. Some people do add other subjects like handwriting or even Bible. When you are ready to start join your state group and over there they can help you with what your state requires of you to homeschool. There is even a military group!!!

State Groups and Military Group
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Hi Akers.....
    I'm Linda, and I'm the state representative for Delaware. I just wanted to invite you over to the Delaware State Support Group. We have some information on getting started with homeschooling in DE that might be helpful to you. Additionally, you can get in contact with other Time4Learning users who share you questions, concerns, and interests. We hope you will drop by and introduce, and read through the information available.
    As for you question about whether T4L is complete, it can be, and certainly is a great core curriculum. We add penmanship, foreign language, music, art, and special projects of interest to my daughter. She is in 5th grade though. When we started, with T4L in 2nd grade, we did not suppliment at that point.
    Hope this helps, and come on over to the state group, we would love to have you!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!