Ready to sign up for T4L, but nervous!
    kew2u2 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Ready to sign up for T4L, but nervous!

Hello everyone....we will be new to homeschooling this year. I have 6 children ages 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, and 11months. My 2 oldest have attended p/s, but have switched to 6 different schools over the years due to my husbands work and moving. Honestly I am tired of forcing them to make new friends and adjust in a new place, so we have decided that homeschooling might be a better option for us. I def dont want my little ones to have to go thru what the older kids have.
    I have thought about homeschooling in the past but have always been nervous about it. I have the fear of teaching them insufficiently or they are not learning what they are supposed to. I am nervous that my little ones wont learn to read since I am far from being a "formal" teacher.
    But I decided I will take the leap and order T4L since we just moved to a new town here in Montana from Wisconsin (before that we were in Wyoming, and before that in Illinois), and I dont want them to have to start a new school yet again.

My question is...how soon after ordering can you get started? I would really like my kids to start on Monday if possible.

I am gonna be new at this, but I think it will be a great learning experience for myself and my kids especially since we dont have to follow a p/s curriculum.

Thanks and I look forward to joining the "homeschool club"! LOL

Steph
    Mom to Austin (11), Haylee (10), Courtnee (5), Makenzee (4), Dawson (3),
    & Preston (11m)

Strouse House is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

~*~ Welcome ~*~

You are going to love homeschooling, might have days that might not be so much fun, but you will love it, most of the time. Usually w/ in 24 hours you will be able to have your child start. If you sign up during business hours they usually get you set up w/ in hours. But if you sign up after hours you are usually set up by the next morning. But they tell you to give it 24 hours.

If you are looking to start on Monday, and you sign up today or tomorrow. You will have the whole weekend to get familiar with the site. And ask any questions you might have. .
    Brandy - Christian (86), Wife (93), and Mother (boy 99, girl 07,boy 08). Homeschooling since 2003. Come check out our adventures in life and Time4Learning.com at Five in Training For Him.

fairylover is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Welcome Steph. I have been using Time4Learning with my son for three years now. He is a reluctant reader. But now that he is 8 years old, he has taken a sudden interest in reading. He loves all the video games on T4L, especially for the younger ages. We also spend time on Learning Games For Kids. I actually enjoy playing some of the games on there. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. And don't forget to sign up for the Montana Parent Support Group. You'll love it here.
    Kathi Homeschooling Mama to Twelve year old Dakota

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Steph,
    Welcome to T4L!! I have been using T4L with my 10 year old daughter for 3 years, but 4 grades. As you can probably tell, most of us who use T4L love it. Once you get your older kids started it will probably help you since you have little ones at home. You can put your older ones on the computer, give them assignments and not have to actively "teach" each lesson, though you might have to help or direct on occasion. T4L won't help you with the part of your children making friends, but you should be able to find a local or area group of like minded homeschoolers. Best of luck as you begin this journey. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!

peaceforhumans is offline Junior Member Newbie

Is T4L religious, or secular? I am looking for a strictly secular curicculum.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Time4Learning is a secular curriculum, although it is used by members of many faiths. It is aligned to state standards for public schools, and is used in many schools.

You might also be interested in the Secular Home School site.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

peaceforhumans is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the link to that secular HS site! What a great resource!