Is this right for my son?
    momofdjas is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is this right for my son?

I have been looking into Time4Learning for several months. I currently homeschool my 12,10,9, and 4 yo. My main question is this: I have a 12 yo son who struggles with spelling and reading. He does better verbally than he does with workbooks/anything that is written. I have tried so many different approaches/curriculum I am to the point of not knowing what to do. Would Time4Learning be able to help him in these areas? Thanks for any info you can give.

Christy : :

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Because most of the lessons are presented as interactive animations, Time4Learning is an excellent choice for auditory learners (those who learn best by hearing rather than reading).

For the less-animated lessons, you have the option of using Peedy the Parrot to read aloud to your student. Hearing a passage read aloud while following along silently with one's own eyes is enjoyable, low-key, stress-free reading practice.

Spelling is available as a language arts extension for most grades. While less animated than the core language arts curriculum, the program still reads the words aloud to your student.

Frustrated learners usually appreciate Time4Learning . . . especially if they have tried a lot of "print" curriculum with limited success. Time4Learning's style is a refreshing change. I tried it for my struggling learner and ended up switching the rest of my kids, too. That isn't an uncommon occurence.

Good luck as you make your decision. And . . . thanks for being the one-thousandth registered user of this forum!

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!