scope and sequence and Lesson Plans
    lydiadawkins is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default scope and sequence and Lesson Plans

Hi,
    I am hsing my 7th and 8th grade children. I was planning lessons and giving them the LA number to type in based o the Scope and Sequence. I was then looking at the lesson plans and they do not go in the same order as the scope and sequence. If we wanted to go in the order that a school would follow, should we follow the Scope and Squence or the Lesson plans?
    Thank You,
    Lydia

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Lydia. Is this what you are looking at?

http://www.time4learning.com/scope-sequence/index.shtml

Can you tell me what you are referring to as "Lesson Plans" and what you are calling "Scope and Sequence"? In this curriculum, they appear to be the same thing.

I'll be happy to address this further after you've clarified.

I will comment that there is no universal sequence, common to all schools. You will find similarities, but each school or district develops their own methods.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

lydiadawkins is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default clarification

Thank you for your reply. The link that you posted is what I am calling the Scope and Sequence. On the parent log in page, there is a link to lesson plans (called teacher guides). The list does not start with the first lesson listed on the scope and sequence. I guess I want to start my children in the "right" place. Is it easier to go in order from the student log in page?
    Thanks,
    Lydia

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

The teacher guides are the printable materials. Every lesson does not have printables.

If you want to go "in order" as the curriculum intends, you can follow the sequence from the student login page. (You can also input the lesson activity numbers in order from the scope and sequence. However, tests and quizzes do not appear on the scope and sequence for math, social studies, and science; so most families find it easier to use the track available in the student login.)

Many parents do like to customize the program for their particular student, and this is possible by eliminating certain lessons, doing others more than once, or studying lessons "out of order".

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!