Sound and work completed
    Donna is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Sound and work completed

Hi everyone, totally new here to Time 4 Learning but have been homeschooling for nearly three years now. We were very excited to find this and are currently getting it figured out and working out the bugs.

One question I have is about the parrot that reads the stories. My daughter is in the 4th grade but has ADHD and dyslexia and it works much better for her if she has some reading while she follows. I clicked on the speaker thing and it sent me to a download for the parrot. I've downloaded it twice and still when I click on the speaker icon while in assignments it doesn't do anything except send me to the download thing again.

Another question, today we worked on the monarch butterfly in science and we did the whole lesson, and the frog lesson (under lifecycle) we took the quiz three times and it still shows that it's incomplete on the launch pad thing (no green check mark saying it's complete) Is there something we're missing to do?

Also when I tried to search lessons on the launch pad it keeps saying I'm typing in an invalid lesson number. I got the number from the page that explains the scope and sequence, is that not the right lessons?

Any help would be great. The kids are loving it and so am I, no more searching books and websites to find work for them to do.

t4lwebster is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Hi Donna,

I think you were the one who called yesterday and spoke to Jennifer and Spirit. Right?

Jen found that if you are using Windows XP, one of the components, SAPI 5 does not work with XP, so in order to make it work you'l need to download SAPI 4. link toDL SAPI 4

As for the check marks on the launch pad, the quizzes won't get a green check mark but they will be marked as complete in the parent reports section.

I'm not sure why your activity finder isn't working. Can you tell me the number you were trying to use so I can test it out?

I hope some of this helped!

Kris C.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Time4Learning Member Support

Need help getting started? Check out our Getting Started Guide

Thank you for your help. I just tried the link and it says internet explorer cannot display the webpage.

The lesson I was trying to type in was 322 514 and others from the list that was on 4th grade social studies.

I just found a site that had sapi4 and downloaded it. Peedy Parrot still doesn't work and when I click on the speaker it still sends me to the download page. While I was there I noticed that one of the downloads on that page is the SAPI 4 and I've already downloaded all of those things four times or more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT
    Hi all.

Kris, Is the SAPI 4 and/or 5 part of the service pack 2 for XP? Are the active x controls part of a regular update or is it an optional package from microsoft? Do you have a link that works? Niki started up again and is fired up.

Thanks,

MichaelT
    Hi Michael,
    XP comes with SAPI5 and that is not compatible with MS Agent. I'm not sure about active X. Here is an info page I found on Microsoft's site - http://www.microsoft.com/MSAGENT/prodin ... asp#speak5

Here also is the link I found to DL SAPI4 - http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/co ... pchapi.exe

That's the link I posted before but it seems to be working now.

Hope this helped

Kris C.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donna
    Thank you for your help. I just tried the link and it says internet explorer cannot display the webpage.

The lesson I was trying to type in was 322 514 and others from the list that was on 4th grade social studies.
    Hi Donna, I see the problem there. Those are two different activity numbers. 322 and 514

I wish I could help more on the Peedy issue. I will ask around though and try to find out why it might not be working for you. Sorry for the troubles!

Kris C.

We still haven't been able to get peedy to work. Any ideas on how to get it going?

dawnt is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Peedy

Donna,

Not sure if this helps, but Peedy Parrot is really not worth all the trouble. He has a very robotic sounding, monotone voice, and frequently pronounces the words incorrectly. I found it really helped my children more if I just read the passages myself. It is time consuming, but I found it really helps my children to grasp the true meaning if they hear it read properly, and with expression. I really wouldn't go through all this trouble, and possibly harm your computer in the end by downloading all these extras.

Just my $.02, hope this helps.

Dawn