Split Family Accountability
    thoglund is offline Junior Member

Post Split Family Accountability

My ex-wife and I live hundreds of miles apart. I'm highly active in our daughter's education and wanted to know if I would be able to monitor her progress on a real time basis while she is away with her mother. It would help to be able to discuss what she learned that day. Is anyone else in a similar situation and can speak to that?

Also, would like feedback on the iPad app for the program. I am currently using ABCMouse and love the fact that I would be able to log in to see what she has done each day but there is a disagreement on which curriculum to use and we are considering T4L

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi. If you and your former spouse share the parent login, you will both be able to view your daughter's progress. If by "real time" you mean you want to be able to log on and watch her do her work, that isn't available to any parent. While logged in to the parent account, you can see what lessons she completed that day, view grades, set up or adjust the schedule, change the billing method, learn how the program works, and so forth. There is no way to provide two parent accounts for one child. You would need to share one parent account with your daughter's mother.

To use Time4Learning lessons on the iPad, you need to install the free Puffin Academy app. You can use the parent account by logging directly from your browser on an iPad, though.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Default Follow up...

Thanks for the response. Is the iPad version identical to the computer version of the software? Does what she completes on one get updated on the other?

Quote Originally Posted by hearthstone_academy View Post
    Hi. If you and your former spouse share the parent login, you will both be able to view your daughter's progress. If by "real time" you mean you want to be able to log on and watch her do her work, that isn't available to any parent. While logged in to the parent account, you can see what lessons she completed that day, view grades, set up or adjust the schedule, change the billing method, learn how the program works, and so forth. There is no way to provide two parent accounts for one child. You would need to share one parent account with your daughter's mother.

To use Time4Learning lessons on the iPad, you need to install the free Puffin Academy app. You can use the parent account by logging directly from your browser on an iPad, though.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

Two quick follow ups. Are the two programs identical - what you see on the iPad the same as on a computer? and if actions are taken on one, is the other updated automatically?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

There is really not a mobile version. The Puffin Academy app simply allows the desktop version to run on a mobile device so, yes, they are identical. The process of dragging and dropping is a little different from the Puffin Academy app, though.

If an action is taken when logged in on any device, it will show up when you log in from any other device. You can log in from the library or your smart phone or your desktop from work and you will see the same thing.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!