starting homeschooling
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: starting homeschooling

Tammy Raleigh is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default starting homeschooling

I am considering homeschooling my daughter who would be a junior , i am so tired of the drama of her school and the lack of education being provided at my district. what should i do to help her get started on the home school , i know what she is needing as of next week she will complete two more of her required classes, but i am at a loss of where i need to start at can some one point me in the right direction

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Hi, Tammy. In homeschooling, the parent is the teacher of record, so there might not be any "required classes". (A few states say things like, "You much teach math, language, science, and social studies", but they don't prescribe certain specific classes for each grade level.) Time4Learning is a homeschool curriculum for parents to use to teach their own children.

It sounds like you might be looking for an online school, which is different than homeschooling. An online school has teachers and others overseeing your child's education, and courses can generally be transferred from school to school.

If you are interested in homeschooling, I would recommend the site Let's Homeschool High School.com. It has loads of information, printable diplomas, and a lot more info about the differences between homeschooling and using an online school.

Good luck to you!
    gdf99 and BubblesAndSqueaks like this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

Pamela Acosta is offline Junior Member Newbie

I am in the Philippines, I am considering to homeschool my 4 year old son, but i'm not sure if this time4learning is accredited here.