Starting Mid Year
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jpenn

Thread: Starting Mid Year

2bflawless is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Starting Mid Year

Hi, everyone, we started T4L 2 weeks ago after doing a lot of research. So far, we love it. We did, however, decide to supplement the math curriculum with Math-U-See. I was wondering if it mattered if my daughter (7th grade) just skipped the T4L math section. Does anyone know if that is a problem? We also started mid year, is there a way to skip forward?

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

You are free to do whatever you wish. You might want to use the math section to reinforce what she does in MUS.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    You are free to do whatever you wish. You might want to use the math section to reinforce what she does in MUS.
    Thank you for your response, Jackie. I may do that but also don't want to bombard her with busy work. Good to know, it is up to me. So not use to that since transitioning to from public school.

Quote Originally Posted by jpenn View Post
    Any idea about starting mid year? Should I just have her skip through lessons and take the tests to see how she does? She mentioned that test pop up mid lesson? Are those practice tests? I thought THE quiz was at the end.

myplnet is offline Junior Member Newbie

We just started a week ago and are using Saxon math as well as the T4L math. Not sure how the Social Studies is going to work. I think this is a great website!!

Michael Puckett is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2bflawless View Post
    Any idea about starting mid year? Should I just have her skip through lessons and take the tests to see how she does? She mentioned that test pop up mid lesson? Are those practice tests? I thought THE quiz was at the end.
    I would like to know the answer to this as I'm looking at possibly signing my kids up for this as soon as our school board goes back into session after the holidays.

Blog Entries

Lisa,

If you see she missed something in math at public school, you can always have her take a look at those lessons on T4L. If you are unsure about something, you can always have her just take the test at the end of a specific chapter and see how she does. If she did good, move on. If she didn't score as good as you'd like, have her view those lessons.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bflawless View Post

Yes, just have her take the test at the end, not the pop ups, to see how she does. If she does good, move on, if she doesn't, have her go back and view all those lessons and take the pop up quizzes.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Puckett View Post
    I would like to know the answer to this as I'm looking at possibly signing my kids up for this as soon as our school board goes back into session after the holidays.
    Michael,

Students have access to three grade levels within each subject. For example, if your child is on a 6th level, they will have access to grades 5, 6, and 7 within each subject. This is great when a student is a little ahead in one subject or area, but a little behind in another. My daughter always worked ahead in language and language extensions, but behind in math. It's also great because, obviously not every curriculum can cover everything, so your child might be on 6th, but finds lessons in history or science in 5th grade that they never covered in public school, or in the homeschool curriculum you might have been using. Does that make sense?

You are able to decide what grade level you want your child to work at. You always have the right to change that level whenever you need. This is one of the only truly flexible programs I know about. Art is a bonus and is available after one month to the students in the Upper Level for six months. They will easily be able to complete it in six months. Algebra is also a bonus for the Upper Level. If you want it, you need to let T4L know that.
    Michael Puckett and Pashta like this.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie