Is T4L enough for 3rd grade
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hearthstone_academy

Thread: Is T4L enough for 3rd grade

Yirabella is offline Junior Member

Default Is T4L enough for 3rd grade

I am planning to start homeschooling my son, age 8 and going into 3rd grade. He struggles with attention, independent work, completing tasks. We have tried several options within the school and his teacher is amazing and patient. He is very smart. Loves to learn about science, experiments, mostly hands on and visual learning style. He has been using T4L since 1st grade and really enjoys the program.

My question is, do I need other books or material to supplement his education? We will be starting in VIrginia. I hope to look into local museums and homeschool groups for extra curricular activities but wanted to see what others are using or if I can safely start with T4L only and meet school learning requirements.

Thank You.
    Terie
    Military Family
    Yorktown,VA
    [img:84:28]http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54486/294/3961BDD591FB58FF6F205E73A6644474.png[/img]
    http://www.earlymorningpeace.typepad.com

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

For a third grader, Time4Learning offers math, language arts, science, and social studies. They are all very thorough. I would be cautious of any program that promises to be all your student will ever need, because everyone is different. Most parents add penmanship, arts and crafts, Scouts, 4-H, music lessons, organized sports, and other personalized instruction to round out their student's curriculum.

It looks like Virginia doesn't require certain subjects. They just want a list of subjects you intend to teach. They don't even want a description of the content.

We have a lot of members from Virginia. You might want to check out the Virginia forum under the Families From Each State section, below.
    lovehmschlg likes this.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!