T4L Long Term Results
    training5 is offline Junior Member

Default T4L Long Term Results

Hi! I apparently signed up years ago for my older guys (now in their 20's) and am back looking for my younger kids (15 [ASD], 14, 11), and a surprise baby [age 2].

Anyway, I want to know how well do your T4L grads do in college? How well do they transition to using actual textbooks, live classes, etc.? How do they do writing papers? Have your kids needed to take remedial level work in University?

I am glad to see that most of the lessons have been updated with new animation, etc.. I hope that what my second loved about the middle school he did is still the same: engaging and interesting content, memorable delivery, and age appropriate assignments with plenty of step-by-step help.

Thank you for your time.

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: T4L Long Term Results

I can only answer for my own kids. Five of the six have graduated from our home school, and we have used Time4Learning since 2006.

My kids go pretty much at their own rate in Time4Learning. When they are about sixteen, I take them to the local community college for placement testing. They have all placed at college level and started college early. There was really no adjustment. If a kid watches TV while they're growing up, they have a pretty good idea of "school" culture, so it really didn't seem to be a shock. to any of them. A couple of them absolutely loved college. The other three considered it a "necessary evil" (just like their homeschool work was ) and still did well. They have all maintained GPAs higher than 3.0.

Two of them have graduated from college and are now a teacher (ironic!) and an electronics engineer. Two of them only took a year of college and then decided to become a chef and a pub manager. One is still a college student, is part of the student government, and achieved a 4.0 GPA last term.

My kids are just regular people, and others are surprised when they find out they were homeschooled. We did a lot of community activities when we were homeschooling, and I always kept an "open-door, open-fridge" policy at our home, so they were free to bring friends home from Scouts, 4H, volunteer work or part time jobs, Little League, soccer team, etc. I used to have to walk through my house in the evening, calling out, "It's time for anyone who doesn't live here to go home now." I think you do have to be purposeful when it comes to allowing opportunity for friends, but realize that I said "allowing" opportunity and not "insisting on" it. Some of my kids are naturally more social than others, but the eldest five all have found nice life partners. The eldest four have been in their relationships for years.

My current college student and my youngest child still live at home. My youngest has special needs and still uses Time4Learning while also attending a special ed class half-days.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!

training5 is offline Junior Member

Thank you for your response. It was most reassuring. I have another question: What sort of offline assignments are utilized? I assume these are easily accessed in the parent log in. And when we sign up for say 4th, would my child have access to 3rd and 5th as well?

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

You actually have access to everything from pre-k through eighth grade OR from eighth grade through high school. You can log in to your parent dashboard to switch out grade levels as often as you wish, and students can work at different grade levels in different subjects.

Many of the lesson activities include optional printable worksheets. Science4Us has a lot of offline activities that you can choose from.

Your parent dashboard has a lot of tools. You don't have to use all of them. There's an activity planner, a place to create and view reports, a place to see the scope and sequence and print any worksheets or answer keys, templates to create high school diplomas, transcripts, and certificates, and much more.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!