Is T4L only for Math/Language Arts?
    Janine40 is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is T4L only for Math/Language Arts?

I thought I read that this program is only for math and language arts? Is this true and for those of you who use T4L - where do you go for the Social studies and Science parts of homeschooling? Thank you.

jpenn is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

For most levels, Time4Learning includes math, language arts, science, history, and art.
    Joyfully,
    Jackie

Mandy in TN is offline Senior Member

No, this is not true. T4L does offer science and social studies. Here is a link to the lesson plan scope and sequence page. Past 2nd grade the science and social studies isn't as interactive as the math and LA, but it is out there.

We supplement our science and social studies (history and geography) with Classical Conversations. For history, we also have additional US history material that my 3rd grader is reading this year. Actually, we have multiple things that we are doing in LA and math as well. For us T4L this year is just to make sure we cover the traditional scope and sequence bases so to speak.

Every family will need to figure out how they can use T4L (or any curriculum product for that matter) to meet their home education goals.

HTH-
    Mandy
    ds Doodlebug 11yo
    currently homeschooling with an eclectic mess of stuff

homeschool graduates:
    ds Cashew 20yo
    ds Peanut 22yo

MamaToHerRoo is offline Senior Member

Janine,
    It kind of depends on the grade. I know that science and social studies, one level is shared by a couple of grades in the lower elementary, and middle school grades. This doesn't mean that your child could not use another grade, or go over the same lessons with a slightly different focus or even with more depth. We will be facing that in the near future, since my child will be finishing 6th grade science soon. We will probably be looking elsewhere for 7th and 8th grade science. The repeat of material for social studies will not be a problem however, since the Revolutionary War and Civil War sections are quite involved, and put us a little behind in social studies.
    Linda
    Homeschooling one for 8 years and counting!