Is there a high school program? (Of this quality and and as economical)
    A Heart For God is offline Junior Member Newbie

Default Is there a high school program? (Of this quality and and as economical)

Hello,
    I am interested in using this program for my children. However, I have a 7th grader and a 9th grader. My middle schooler will work fine, but I need a program for my high schooler.
    Does Time4Learning collaborate with a program that could be used for grades 9th-12th? Does anyone know of a similar curriculum of the same quality and as economical as T4L?
    I look forward to your responses!
    Angie

hearthstone_academy is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

I have actually used Time4Learning algebra (which is intended for advanced middle school students) for my high school kids' algebra. They did fine on their college entrance exams. I also like the seventh grade social studies for high school, unless the student has done it at a lower level. It's an excellent overview of American history.

High school is usually a time to pick and choose, according to the student's future plans. You might look at some Thinkwell video courses and perhaps sign up for the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op and see what they have "on special". They are offering Plato Science right now. It's great and definitely has a Time4Learning "feel" to it. They have Thinkwell courses on special now, too. I also see a driver's ed course, but we haven't used that one, so I don't have an opinion about it. Here's the link to their specials: http://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/curriculum/

You might be interested in this article, about how my family has done homeschool high school.

I almost might suggest that you start your seventh grader in fifth grade science and social studies, if he/she hasn't used Time4Learning in the past. From fifth grade and up, the levels don't necessarily get "harder". The content is just different. Most seventh graders will find the fifth or sixth grade level to be very thorough and plenty challenging, and that "saves" the higher levels for later (i.e. "seventh" grade social studies is GREAT for high school, as I mentioned earlier).
    Last edited by hearthstone_academy; 03-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Mom of six . . . current students and homeschool graduates. Enjoying using Time4Learning since 2006!